VOGONS

First post, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

I have a CUSL2-C Black Pearl that I recently picked up for like 20$. Aside from the black pcb and 20k gold heatsink is there anything special with it when compared to the stock CUSL2-C?

Reply 1 of 7, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

According to this review, it's pretty much a normal CUSL2-C. The "Black Pearledness" came from the packaging, the extras and the styling.

Reply 2 of 7, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Likely sought after? Reminds me of the Millennium edition of an AOpen Slot 1 motherboard, it also had a gold cooler or something special 😀

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 4 of 7, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

I seen the go on eBay for around 40-50$ so it was not a bad deal.
I just needed a 815 for a 1.4ghz system and thought I'd grab one as it was a good deal.

Reply 5 of 7, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ASUS
CUSL2-C
Wicked Wench

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 6 of 7, by laiden

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Jade Falcon,

I have wanted that board since it first came out and have been looking for one, off and on, for years now. I'm having to settle for a regular CUSL2-C in my "teenager dream build." Probably weird but it is very much a "one that got away" type of situation for me.

Is there any way at all that you would sell it? Trade? Begging and pleading? Whatever tickles your fancy I suppose.

Thanks!

Reply 7 of 7, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's one of Asus first custom boards actually. It says so in the first few pages of the manual. Also has a customizable bios boot screens.

The included screwdriver was unique. Sadly I didn't get one with my ebay purchase.

Mine is paired with a pin modded 1.4ghz P3. If you want to do the same make sure you run the custom evil inside bios. The last official bios gave me periodical boot problems.

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME