VOGONS

First post, by Marrty

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, Today I found some PC case which is designed only for motherboard and 2 hard drives. Power supply is connected on back side to 24-pin connector (20-pin is classic ATX connector and 4-pin connector is power for old IDE hard drive). I never saw something like this. 😊

Photos:
G4Yrq6e.jpg
7gbpFwL.jpg
P4VZbE5.jpg

This is my imagination, how it was originally pieced together.
1lXWvs1.jpg

Reply 2 of 4, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What version of Windows is the OEM key for?
With the floppy label in the front I'm guessing its designed to go somewhere where you can only access the front, although that doesn't explain having the power supply outside the case?
Maybe Somewhere where having mains power was dangerous so ran the power cable to a sealed unit, generator or who knows what?

Quite cool as a poor mans hot plug power supply though!

Reply 4 of 4, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looking at the labels on the backplane, two LPT ports and four COM ports (half of which on an expansion card), LAN card, VGA. Based on the weird lip on the case, might it have been screwed to the bottom of a desk? Then I would think it was used in some professional environment where the drives, keyboard and mouse were available to an operator but the system itself only by specialized technicians (manufacturing plant or other location where dirt could mess up the system?). Maybe the power supply was shared with a machine?