IMG_0251.JPG
Filename
IMG_0251.JPG
File size
554.23 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I'm getting the drivers from this link: http://www.trendnet.com/support/supportdetail … 80_TE100-PCBUSR (got that from BrassicGamer, thanks!)

In DOS, the driver complains about the card being not present: "No 32-bit TE100 card found!" or something like that.

In Windows 98, it detects the card just fine, but when I point it to the driver folder it chokes and says "this folder doesn't contain information about your device" even though I can see the inf, cat, and sys files right there!

Kind of going off my nut here. Any ideas?

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 4 of 6, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry for necroposting, but argh, I can't get this stupid card to work properly!

I've followed all of the instructions in the readme files to the letter, including using the card enabler and excluding the required memory from EMM386.

As I said above:

Here's what happens in Windows 98:
1. Put the card in.
2. Start the laptop.
3. 98 detects the card and asks for drivers.
4. I point it to the drivers but it says "This folder does not contain information about your hardware", when I know for a FACT that it does.
5. I hit cancel. No progress.

Here's what happens in DOS:
1. Put the card in.
2. Boot into DOS (with EMM386 excluding the required memory, as per the readme file)
3. Run the enabler batch file. It complains about there being no card present.

The card is obviously working since it gets detected by Windows 98. I'm going insane here searching all over the internet trying to find a solution. Any help, O great masters of retro technology?

Reply 6 of 6, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I agree, and that was one of my first thoughts, but unfortunately I don't have another machine with cardbus slots right now.