VOGONS

First post, by ibm5155

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I saw under the menu that the diagnostics disk could test alot of the hardware stuff like the Fan, Thermister ,...
But none of the files that I found worked (they were for different notebooks)
Do you guys have some idea where could I find the Toshiba diagnostics disk for the satellite 330?

Reply 1 of 9, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is this it? From the Toshiba support site, says "Windows utilities for Satellite 330".

Filename
330utl98.exe
File size
1.26 MiB
Downloads
87 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 2 of 9, by ibm5155

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I wish it was that tool, but it's the third time I'm downloading it ;(

Here, take a look about the face from this specific software:
http://i.imgur.com/whssCjn.png

I also belive that this specific tool is a generic tool, because I saw the same information and tests under different Toshiba models (including the libreto 110, [but without the fan option])

The best I did was to download the atlas software (kind of a repair software kit for companies that was going to fix Toshiba notebooks), there were some tools, but it was for 1990 - 1991 Toshiba models ;--;

Reply 3 of 9, by Cga.8086

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ibm5155 wrote:
I wish it was that tool, but it's the third time I'm downloading it ;( […]
Show full quote

I wish it was that tool, but it's the third time I'm downloading it ;(

Here, take a look about the face from this specific software:
http://i.imgur.com/whssCjn.png

I also belive that this specific tool is a generic tool, because I saw the same information and tests under different Toshiba models (including the libreto 110, [but without the fan option])

The best I did was to download the atlas software (kind of a repair software kit for companies that was going to fix Toshiba notebooks), there were some tools, but it was for 1990 - 1991 Toshiba models ;--;

Hi
were you able to find such tool? i have been looking everywhere on google and i can´t find it.
i need the same tool that you posted images

Reply 4 of 9, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have a look here

http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/manuals/Toshi … diagnostics.htm

The links to the 95 / 97 diagnostic program collections contain DOS apps TESTT100 & TESTT200 which have the same menu structure as the one shown in the OPs posted image.

Reply 5 of 9, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wow great find PC Hoarder Patrol, was looking at their site earlier and missed this. Thanks !
Not sure how the Diags will work on a Satellite 110CS but will give it a whirl ;p

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 8 of 9, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Small follow-up on where to get these files from - came across an old post on another forum where a number of these had already been found and listed, so knocked up a quick PowerShell batch to check what was still there and tidy up the list below

Filename
ToshTnD.txt
File size
14.27 KiB
Downloads
142 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Main problem is Toshiba / Dynabook choose not to expose the online directory so unless you already know the filenames or are a good guesser based on their loose naming structure, then finding any more may be a problem (is there a way to scrape data anyway in these circumstances?)

Reply 9 of 9, by martfoxy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone managed to find the original dos diagnostics for the Toshiba Satellite Pro P300 - I can't see it in the above posts. In the maintenance manual there are screen images of it - and says version 1.10. It does more than the web version available now on the Dynabook website.
Has anyone found a way of accessing the files on Dynabook via ftp or online directory (not via their web forms) ? - I could then have a look to see if the diags are on there anywhere.