VOGONS

First post, by manuelink64

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi mates!
is possible to use this card on DOS / win9x machine?
I searched everywhere with no luck

Can they help me?

Regards!

[Unisys CWP] [CPU] AMD-X5-133ADZ [RAM] 64 MB (4x36) FPM [HDD] Seagate 8.4GB [Audio] SB16 SCSI 2 (CT1770) [Video] ATI Mach64VT2 [OS] Windows 95 OSR2.5

Reply 4 of 6, by synrgy87

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

the LE / LS were a later revision of the Audigy and I don't know if the drivers work with them, the original audigy does have DOS drivers and does work in DOS SB0090 I think is the cards model number or a SB Live!

Reply 5 of 6, by manuelink64

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
synrgy87 wrote:

the LE / LS were a later revision of the Audigy and I don't know if the drivers work with them, the original audigy does have DOS drivers and does work in DOS SB0090 I think is the cards model number or a SB Live!

The problem is, the SB057 Card is based on CA0106 chipset, the SB Live! (and the others Audigy) are based on the Emu10k1/Emu10k2 chipset, the latest have a good DOS drivers, but the first one none... 😢

well, I will try to use this soundcard on a SS7 Mobo with Win98SE system, sounds really good IMO 😊

Regards!

[Unisys CWP] [CPU] AMD-X5-133ADZ [RAM] 64 MB (4x36) FPM [HDD] Seagate 8.4GB [Audio] SB16 SCSI 2 (CT1770) [Video] ATI Mach64VT2 [OS] Windows 95 OSR2.5

Reply 6 of 6, by CoreyOLi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
manuelink64 wrote on 2016-09-10, 23:48:
The problem is, the SB057 Card is based on CA0106 chipset, the SB Live! (and the others Audigy) are based on the Emu10k1/Emu10k2 […]
Show full quote
synrgy87 wrote:

The problem is, the SB057 Card is based on CA0106 chipset, the SB Live! (and the others Audigy) are based on the Emu10k1/Emu10k2 chipset, the latest have a good DOS drivers, but the first one none... 😢

well, I will try to use this soundcard on a SS7 Mobo with Win98SE system, sounds really good IMO 😊

Regards!

I know this is an old thread, but did you ever get this card working in Win98se? I have one and am having one hell of a time finding a driver for it.. I've tried 3 or 4, and none work, 🤣...

Thanks,

-Corey