VOGONS

First post, by Nintendawg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't get my Radeon 9600 to work with a 144hz LCD monitor (BenQ XL2430T) over DVI. It works with the basic 640x480 16 color windows driver. I install ATi catalyst 3.7 then it prompts me to restart windows. As soon as it loads back into windows I see a split second of the desktop before the monitor goes black and gives an input error. It looked like it was trying to do 1920x1080 by default from how small everything looked.

I want to use 1024x768 @ 120hz. But how can I change it to this if I lose the input signal almost instantly? Anyone got a tip or trick they could share ?

Reply 1 of 3, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It happens the same with some ATI models I have. After installing the drivers the VGA port is set as primary and no more DVI output.
I never bothered to play with the software because I would simply connect the VGA cable. Your monitor seems to have a VGA port. You can connect the card there too and mess around with the software trying to swap the monitor order...

Reply 2 of 3, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I could imagine that the Monitor needs DVI DualLink to work properly and afair only some Mac editions of the ATIs had DualLink available.

My YouTube Channel

Reply 3 of 3, by Nintendawg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the replies you two. I have got it working nicely now. Here's what I did -

Boot up system with only the VGA cable plugged into the card.
Set resolution to 1024x768, then shutdown.
Unplug VGA cable, plug in DVI cable. Start systen back up.

However I was fortunate to have a monitor with VGA. I still don't know how this could be fixed without a monitor with VGA.