VOGONS

First post, by escarioth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi 😀 very interesting forum.

I've read some post up to now for some help but lately i'm having problems.
I just found an old 486 system. I started to mess around with it but... i can't find any infos about that damn motherboard.

only place i saw something about that mobo was from some russian website with 3-4 pictures...
here are some photos i took to show the model. I dont know if there's a manual or if someone has the same that could help me. I had an old amd5x86 75 that i kept all those years that i would like to use in it since its a socket 3 but the bios only see it as a 486 dx33.

ill probably have to move some jumpers around , but without the manual or some help ...i dont think ill be able to make it work properly.

suposedly called : Intel Classic/PCI LP (Entrada) PBA 620119-201 Socket 3 (Intel 420EX)
but i contacted Intel and told me they never did something like that motherboard looking into their old models.
so .. well... someone can shed some light ?

Attachments

• SAM_1965.JPG
    Filename
    SAM_1965.JPG
    File size
    3.43 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • SAM_1964.JPG
    Filename
    SAM_1964.JPG
    File size
    3.39 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

even if they're old....those old dos games are still the best!!!

Reply 1 of 2, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This looks to be in some brand name PC (IBM, HP...). Better find out the model of this PC and than look for manuals. At the moment you have Intel 486DX2-66 installed and this should be identified as such in the BIOS.

Does the PC boot with 5x86-133? If so, check the actual cpu speed with "chkcpu" app or some other PC info tool (Norton Sysinfo, Aida, NSSI) or benchmark (speedsys) - sometimes BIOS is just wrong but cpu is running fine nonetheless. 5x86-133 usually runs on 2X multi if this isn't set it will run at default 3X multi and than be running at 100MHz (3x33MHz bus).

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 2 of 2, by escarioth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i put back the cpu it came in with.
i think i found some infos,
http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/Archive/Intel/C … PCI-ED_4317.pdf

i got the almost exact same jumpers. At least it can give me some help.
if i remember 5x86-133 jumpers needs to be on 3.3v ? i didnt put them there so that might be the reason since
it wasnt working properly

even if they're old....those old dos games are still the best!!!