VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by aha2940

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Holy necrobump Batman!!

OK, just to document my experience with this game, hoping it would be useful for someone else:

- Installed Win98 normally (I have a voodoo3 PCI on my retro PC)
- Installed the latest reference drivers for the voodoo (1.07 IIRC)
- Created empty files C:\Windows\System\glide.dll and C:\Windows\system\sst1init.dll
- Installed PoD 2.0 from my CD. I had to manually choose the maximum 3dfx installation (about 200MB)
- Used the PoD: back to Hell CD to patch the 3dfx installation

After this, the 3dfx logo is displayed on PoD start and it seems to work fine.

Reply 21 of 22, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Any idea how to make 3dfx demo working with V3, it has some error missing glide.dll ? For full version there are patches..

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 22 of 22, by guest_2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
aha2940 wrote on 2020-03-31, 22:33:
Holy necrobump Batman!! […]
Show full quote

Holy necrobump Batman!!

OK, just to document my experience with this game, hoping it would be useful for someone else:

- Installed Win98 normally (I have a voodoo3 PCI on my retro PC)
- Installed the latest reference drivers for the voodoo (1.07 IIRC)
- Created empty files C:\Windows\System\glide.dll and C:\Windows\system\sst1init.dll
- Installed PoD 2.0 from my CD. I had to manually choose the maximum 3dfx installation (about 200MB)
- Used the PoD: back to Hell CD to patch the 3dfx installation

After this, the 3dfx logo is displayed on PoD start and it seems to work fine.

This worked for me.
Terrible game IMO, but that's not the point. I remember getting annoyed this didnt work some 25 years ago in 3dfx on my 3dfx card "not detected" and trying to get it working. It finally does! Played it for 1 minute