VOGONS

First post, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I see that there is a MIDI Sync connector according to the wikipedia, does the MIDI out connector have a MIDI beat clock?

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 1 of 3, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did you read my reply to your other thread where I answered this exact question?

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 2 of 3, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes. Dnewhouse, you're absolutely welcome here and we're happy to help you out, but it's also important to make use of the resources available on or through this forum to inform yourself. Many of your questions have already been addressed in previous threads.

I realize that it's easy to be overwhelmed by enthusiasm and ask a million questions (sometimes I do the same), but doing research ahead of time will allow for better questions, get you better answers, and ultimately result in a better learning experience. Taking a little time to plumb this site through Google will at a minimum provide context and background that will allow you to drill for your answers quicker.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 3 of 3, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I agree - dnewhouse, you're more than welcome to ask questions.
However, I get the impression you want to do something or build something up (like maybe build a retro DOS PC that has MT-32/CM-32L support), but you're looking for answers or more information on the subject?

If that is the case, instead of opening up various threads about the same subject, I suggest you start a thread informing us what you want to achieve or what information you're specifically looking for, and based on that we can pitch in and provide you with answers - in many cases, we can then point you to an old thread, but as xjas has stated, most of the information can be found by just searching on Vogons or Google.

If you want to know more about the MT-32 and the MPU-401, then have a look at this page (as an example, there are many more): http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.co.za/2010/03 … land-mt-32.html