VOGONS

First post, by DoomGuy II

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, I've successfully converted my AMD Athlon XP processor to behave as a mobile processor by modifying the L5 bridges on the CPU, which gives me the ability to change the multiplier on the fly. Unfortunately, whenever I try to do the latter, the computer freezes. The OS I'm using is Windows 98SE and I'm also using CrystalCPUID. The motherboard in question is an EPoX EP-8RDA3I. Whenever I try to change the multiplier or even the voltage, the computer freezes up. I'm assuming that changing both simultaneously is a necessity. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a way to achieve that under my current OS.

I've tried different software to no avail. Either the options are unavailable or the software themselves can't run under Windows 98SE. Take note that I'm sticking with 98SE for the purposes of retro gaming. I'm also trying to underclock the CPU to see how slow I can go and what programs can run at a given slower speed.

Any suggestions? I wouldn't want to stick with changing the multiplier under the BIOS over and over, which works BTW, especially given the fact that a multiplier of 3.0x is not available under there as well.

EDIT: I was able to find a way to change the multiplier and the voltage at the same time (3.0x and .925V) using CrystalCPUID, but it still doesn't work.

Official Website: https://dg410.duckdns.org/