VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I wonder how far metabyte made their card "SLI-able". Is it only into drivers or did they made something special with the card's bios for that. I will check that out

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 21 of 23, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Carmageddon does not need SLI to run, It was patched originally to run with Voodoo 1 cards.

That being said I never had a problem running the game with my Diamond Monster 3D II (Voodoo 2's) in SLI mode from Windows DOS mode.

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME

Reply 22 of 23, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Silly question: if this is a DOS game, wouldn't it be worth trying to get it to work by re-starting in MS-DOS mode?

Deksor wrote:

Well I did try that at the first time, but it said that it couldn't opent voodoo2c.exe ...

You had dos32a.exe in the same directory as voodoo2c.exe?

Reply 23 of 23, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RogueTrip2012 wrote:

Carmageddon does not need SLI to run, It was patched originally to run with Voodoo 1 cards.

That being said I never had a problem running the game with my Diamond Monster 3D II (Voodoo 2's) in SLI mode from Windows DOS mode.

Me neither. I use Diamond Monster 3D II cards too - the 8mb model. It works fine on two CT6670 Creative 3D Blaster II 12MB cards too.