VOGONS

Reply 40 of 43, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've had compatibility problems with CTMOUSE in at least one game (Supremacy, for what it's worth). I would guess this is similar.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 41 of 43, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Elia1995 wrote:

Then it's weird that I didn't find it in my C:\WINDOWS directory (when I copied this mouse.com driver from the floppy, it didn't ask me to replace anything)

Not all drivers are installed by default, AFAIK, and the manual explicitly refers to copying them manually from the Windows (floppy) disks. Now I have WfW 3.11, so it might be a difference between regular 3.11 and the Workgroups version (or the manual is wrong - it's Microsoft, after all 🤣 ).

Reply 42 of 43, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yup. And let's don't forget that the official MS Mouse also came with a driver's disk.
And that's what the Setup entry is all about. "Compatible" mice were tolerated at best, but not supported. 😉

Attachments

• msmouse525.gif
    Filename
    msmouse525.gif
    File size
    73.27 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    5.25" Floppy disk which accompanied an older MS Mouse model.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 43 of 43, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, you did get a Logitech mouse driver, which worked with Logitech mice only. But with later Logitech or Microsoft mice you'd get special software that had more settings than the default drivers (and installers that installed both the DOS and Windows versions at once).