VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by kaputnik

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cj_reha wrote:

I actually just saw that speed error hold setting and disabled it.

My CPU Soft menu settings:

Begin with setting AGPCLK/CPUCLK to 2/3. Now you're running your AGP port at FSB frequency (115 MHz in your case), way above the specced 66MHz. Some graphics cards can handle it, but going that high is really pushing it. Probably the reason you haven't been able to clock the CPU higher. I'm assuming you disabled Speed Error Hold since taking the pic 😀

You might also want to lower the core voltage to the default 1.7 volts (or just setting it to auto), if you're not going for extreme overclocks.

Reply 21 of 21, by Tsukiouji

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

SS is the latest BIOS version I believe. Just in case, I've attached it.

There's another hw revision of BH6 out there, which required another BIOS. I'd like to quote soggi.org on this matter:

There exist two major versions of this motherboard - the only significant difference is the clock generator (PLL), but this fact requires another BIOS. Be careful with flashing a new BIOS - you'll get a black screen if you take the wrong file.

BH6 V1.00/V1.01/V1.02:
- IC-Works (Cypress) W124G clock generator (PLL)
- BIOS ID 2A69KA1EC
- BIOS versions FL/FU/GY/HN/JJ/KG/KJ/LH/LN/NV/QN/SS

BH6 V1.1/V1.2:
- IC-Works (Cypress) W196G clock generator (PLL)
- BIOS ID 2A69KA1VC
- BIOS versions KK/LG/NK/NX/PM/QM/SP

On the outside edge of the last ISA slot you'll find a sticker with the revision/version number ("BH6-OK V1.XX"). The clock generator (PLL) is located between northbridge, AGP and RAM slots. The BIOS ID and the BIOS version can be found on the bottom of the boot screen ("XX/XX/XXXX-i440BX-W83977-2A69KA1*C-**", ** denotes the BIOS version).

Attachments

• Filename
    BH6V11_SP.zip
    File size
    147.84 KiB
    Downloads
    33 downloads
    File comment
    SP version of BH6 BIOS for v1.1/1.2 hw revisions
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception