VOGONS

Graphics card question Pentium one

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 30, by kalloggs40

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dondiego wrote:

It's a cut down version of the trident blade xp with 64 bit bus like the t64, i guess the name comes from the 16 mb onboard ram. If i'm not wrong will give voodoo 2 class performance.

You are correct t16 and t64 is a cut down version and are pretty rare especially the pci version. It was a last attempt by Tridents 3D turbo Blade. To go from 110mhz to 144mhz and 166mhz. The T16 must be the 144mhz i suppose and t64 the 166mhz?? Many forums in other languages are also looking for that t16 card including some facebook graphics card groups from poland.

Reply 22 of 30, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The blade 3d turbo was voodoo 1 class hardware, these were next generation designs. Blade xp4 was a failure and later blade xp5 came as xgi volari v3 (drivers identified them as trident).

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)

Reply 23 of 30, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It is painful to see in that manual how they are using a PIII 800. Makes me wonder if the card is just acting as a frame buffer and the CPU is doing all the work. I was actually wondering if I should buy the last card to test it out on a PCI 486. It is Trident after all. The only place Tridents show up are on 286, 386, and pre-PCI 486's.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 24 of 30, by kalloggs40

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dondiego wrote:

The blade 3d turbo was voodoo 1 class hardware, these were next generation designs. Blade xp4 was a failure and later blade xp5 came as xgi volari v3 (drivers identified them as trident).

Love studying video cards I look up those failure models thanks.

Reply 25 of 30, by kalloggs40

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
feipoa wrote:

It is painful to see in that manual how they are using a PIII 800. Makes me wonder if the card is just acting as a frame buffer and the CPU is doing all the work.

Gotta love that 🤣 you made my day. (Last of the year here actually )

Reply 29 of 30, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
j^aws wrote:

The packaging says it is a DX7-class GPU, so when it says it needs a PII, it probably requires the FPU power for TnL.

Yes, and/or MMX I guess.
Perhaps it would actually work on a Pentium MMX, but they deemed it too slow to be of any use.
Such system specs are usually quite arbitrary, and are not really an indication of the lowest configuration that would lead to a technically working system, but rather something that delivers a worthwhile user experience.

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 30 of 30, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
feipoa wrote:

The only place Tridents show up are on 286, 386, and pre-PCI 486's.

Trident 3DImage 9750 are also quite common over here on Pentium II era machines.