VOGONS

First post, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

During research, I saw that with some tricks, it was actually possible to "unlock some 350 and 400 pentiums II" using the Abit BH6. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any informations about which 350 and 400 p2 are unlockable and which are not as it is just mentioned "some".
Having access to the revision number of all unlockable pentium 2 could be a very good piece of information for overclocking !

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 1 of 1, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

All that matters is that the Pentium II was produced before week 34 1998. Retail Pentium II (and III) processors produced after that date are multiplier locked.

We talked about it recently:

Tetrium wrote:
That's because the Katmai is multiplier locked, but earlier chips in fact had some of their multipliers unlocked (mostly downwar […]
Show full quote

That's because the Katmai is multiplier locked, but earlier chips in fact had some of their multipliers unlocked (mostly downward).
There was actually a thread about it a while ago, let me see if I can find it (for some reason I never added it to Vogonswiki).
edit: Here it is Which Pentium IIs can be underclocked?
Another one is here, this one is a bit shorter Slowing a 440BX based PC

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul