VOGONS

First post, by iFXBR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I don't know if there is another post related to this, but after some bad experiences on eBay and Mercado Livre (Brazil) I got a simple and fast dictionary:

"For collectors only"
- I'm smart, the rest of the world is dumb. I'm going to sell this common hard-disk (that was manufactured to billions around) for $250. And I firmly believe that there is an jerk who buys it.

"Rare!!!"
- The item was manufactured to millions, but I still believe that I will sell this Sound Blaster Vibra for $150. No connectors, but some jerk will buy it.

"AS IS"
- The item does not work. Oh really, and there are those who buy thinking it will work.

"Almost new"
- Without original box, scratches all over the item, conector with problems. And there are those who buy.

"I did not test because I have no power supply/joystick/cable available"
- I tried, it did not work and I am SURE I want to pass to another dumb. And there are those who buy.

"With some details"
- Completelly f*cked-up. No usage possible, scrap. But since I'm really smart... I'm going to advertise like that, and there's always going to be an jerk who buys it.

"I do not know how it works"
- I have 12 of it at home, after all I am a collector. But as I want to get rid of this scrap, I'm going to give that ragged excuse, and get rid of the white elephant. And there is always a blessed one who will buy.

"Sometimes it works, sometimes not, maybe bad connection"
- It never worked, missing parts on the board, but I act as a dumb and an ass buys it. Expensive.

"Bad Fuse"
- I plugged on wrong voltage and *poof!* - Instant board barbecue! - And there are those who buys it.

Does you guys know any other expressions like that?

iFXBR - Vintage Computer Lover

Reply 1 of 3, by shiva2004

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

In my country it's very usual to see laptop advertisments like "motherboard toasted, graphic card don't work, cracked screen, it doesn't include memory or hard disk (AKA I already sell that), missing keys, apart from that perfect". Wow, I'm glad to know that the plastics work well 😁