VOGONS

First post, by tankkillerCSM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just got this old guy from a friend, and I have not been able to find any documentation on it whatsoever. It has two Fugu Tech FT160G70 chips on it, and an AMI BIOS, as well as 2x 16-bit ISA slots, 4x PCI slots (one is shared with an ISA slot), and 2x VLB slots. Some of the jumpers on the board are labeled, however there are quite a few that are not.

am8t1l.jpg

14k8a6u.jpg

11r3cp2.jpg

257qauu.jpg

8wb3ut.jpg

If someone could help me identify this board that would be great 😀

When in doubt, throw a couple Xeons at it.

Reply 1 of 7, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You have real winner there! it is a FuGu Tech, short for F'ing Gud Technology. Which is a two part chipset: Chip 1 and Chip...1.

(Just ignore me, I don't know what I am talking about)

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 2 of 7, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmmm.... 486 board with white ISA slots, stickers on the chipset and "Secondray IDE" misspelling? Smells like PCChips or one of its rebrandings! 😁

This one, maybe?

http://motherboards.mbarron.net/models/486pci/80486vip.html

It even has the SECONDRAY IDE misspelling! 😁

EDIT: looks like your board has socketed cache chips, so hopefully they are not fake.

Reply 6 of 7, by tankkillerCSM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks! I will have to test this board soon, as well as its cache once I get myself a DX4-100 (or equivalent). It seems like it could make quite a DOS rig.

When in doubt, throw a couple Xeons at it.

Reply 7 of 7, by Ampera

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tankkillerCSM wrote:

Thanks! I will have to test this board soon, as well as its cache once I get myself a DX4-100 (or equivalent). It seems like it could make quite a DOS rig.

DX4-100 isn't good enough for it. That needs a well taken care of 5x86 OC'd to something amazing. See if you can get a really nice one and a great 486 cooler. With that you can have a 486 rig that runs like a Socket 5 Pentium machine.