VOGONS

First post, by gordesky1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so i have a old ze5000 which i got free years back but put it in used as a music streaming pc. The specs are intel p4 mobile 3ghz cpu 1gb of ram and a ati 9200. The thing is while searching on the net the 3ghz model should be hyperthreading?

But mine doesn't it shows in device manager just one cpu and in task manger ony one box.. Now when i go in cpuz it does show 1 core and 1 thread but in the instructions it doesin't say hyperthreading.

But does it mean when it says 1 thread it has hyperthreading? If so why its not working? there isn't no options in bios for it.

also its running windows xp pro sp2 fresh install.

Reply 1 of 1, by gordesky1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm after searching i did find a few for Mobile Pentium 4 RK80532GE083512 (3.06 GHz) a p4 3ghz that has no hyperthreading.. Maybe this notebook has that one? whats weird when i search up the specs it does say it does have hyperthreading... On the bottom of the laptop it does say zx5060us but on top it says zx5000.

Is it possible to put a ht cpu in it even tho the bios has no option for it?

oh another question, Will a desktop 478 p4 2.8 ht fit? I have alot of dell desktops with that cpu and the laptop heat sink is pretty beefy.