VOGONS

First post, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Recently, i scored a PC with an odd board, an ASUS P4P800-M which sounds like an mATX version of the ASUS P4P800, it doesn't have onboard video and uses the 865PE chipset as the plain P4P800, but has realtek ethernet instead of 3com, i see also the PCB looks very similar to the P4P800-VM but no onboard video, only the solder pads for an VGA port. I tested the motherboard and seems to be working without issues, it just POSTs to BIOS fine.

I tried finding about this board in Google, but i can't find anything, not even ASUS have it listed

The BIOS is really old, around 2003 and the CPU attacted was a 3.2 ghz P4 HT Northwood, i dobut this board supports Prescotts officially

¿do someone know about that board?

I'll post pics later

What is your biggest Pentium 4 Collection?
Socket 423/478 Motherboards with Universal AGP Slot
Socket 478 Motherboards with PCI-E Slots
LGA 775 Motherboards with AGP Slots
Experiences and thoughts with Socket 423 systems

Reply 1 of 8, by SW-SSG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I found this page that suggests it was used in a PC made by Haier. Haier has a driver download page (in Chinese) for its various PC models, but I couldn't figure out which one(s) contain the P4P800-M.

Reply 2 of 8, by MrMateczko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

OEM manufacturers ask companies to prepare special versions of their well known MoBo's for their crappy PC's. Same thing goes with Gigabyte, numerous non-googable model names I've encountered.

Reply 3 of 8, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MrMateczko wrote:

OEM manufacturers ask companies to prepare special versions of their well known MoBo's for their crappy PC's. Same thing goes with Gigabyte, numerous non-googable model names I've encountered.

I've seen also ECS, MSI and Biostar mobos in OEM PCs as well, but this PC with the P4P800-M looks more like a custom build, it has no brand at all and seems to use regular parts, i know the videocard from that PC is a Gainward Geforce FX 5600 SE and the optical drivers are just aftermarket LG and MSI drives, the PSU is not OEM ehtier, although it seems to be posterior (B-Move branded with 24 pin ATX), probably because the original PSU died or something

Reply 4 of 8, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

After some time, i took pics of my board and tested it, sadly, this board is probably faulty, the onboard audio doesn't work and the BIOS is doesn't save it's settings (once i unplug the computer from the wall, the BIOS resets istelf even with a good battery). CLRTC1 jumper is set to normal

Attachments

• 20170227_102657.jpg
    Filename
    20170227_102657.jpg
    File size
    1.91 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • 20170227_102644.jpg
    Filename
    20170227_102644.jpg
    File size
    1.55 MiB
    Views
    File license
  • 20170227_102610.jpg
    Filename
    20170227_102610.jpg
    File size
    1.85 MiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 5 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MrMateczko wrote:

I remember Fujitsu Siemens using custom Gigabyteboards and I also couldn't find my exact model number of my KT600 sA board. Iirc it even had the P4 power plug 🤣
I kinda liked that board though, but FS seemed to have used pretty solid boards (for an OEM) and their XP media was basically just a standard XP install disk which would auto-activate on many different FS boards.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 8, by Oldskoolmaniac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

maybe the new battery needs to sit tighter, try pulling out the metal prongs in the battery holder so that the + and - sit tighter. I had that problem with one of my boards.

Motherboard Reviews The Motherboard Thread
Plastic parts looking nasty and yellow try this Deyellowing Plastic

Reply 7 of 8, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Oldskoolmaniac wrote:

maybe the new battery needs to sit tighter, try pulling out the metal prongs in the battery holder so that the + and - sit tighter. I had that problem with one of my boards.

I tried. doesn't work, BIOS still forgets it's settings and the same CMOS Checksum and date/time failure

Reply 8 of 8, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:
MrMateczko wrote:

I remember Fujitsu Siemens using custom Gigabyteboards and I also couldn't find my exact model number of my KT600 sA board. Iirc it even had the P4 power plug 🤣
I kinda liked that board though, but FS seemed to have used pretty solid boards (for an OEM) and their XP media was basically just a standard XP install disk which would auto-activate on many different FS boards.

I remember having a custom Gigabyte mobo from a Fujitsu PC, model is GA-8STXC and is based on the SiS 645DX, it has the universal AGP slot