VOGONS

First post, by BLockOUT

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey there, today i had some time free to test 2 boards, PCCHIPS m919 and also PCCHIPS m912

using this CPU i read from a website that its an AMD Enhaced DX2 66
http://www.cpu-collection.de/?l0=co&l1=AMD&l2=486%20DX

2ebg9oj.jpg

First the M919 motherboard, it was not booting, i changed the isa video card two times, changed the memory, black screen not booting, even used the botom last isa slot and nothing, Then i inserted a PCI graphics card and booted for the first time. But because i got no IDE drive it gave the usual DOS error after booting and it said. 100MHZ, i dont know why!
I followed this manual, used the AMD enhaced jumper settings: http://th2chips.freeservers.com/m919/jumper/index.html
but i left JP6 OFF because i think that is for other cpus that i dont have.
http://th2chips.freeservers.com/m919/jumper/index.html

m919j2.gif

i don´t know why DOS boots and shows 100MHZ, as soon as i saw that i turned off the pc

---------------

THEN i used the other motherboard, the Pcchips 912, inserted the same AMD CPU dx2 66, and it did not boot with the isa graphics card black screen, then i used one of the larger longer slots at the bottom of the motherboard and it booted fine finally, but again , it is also showing 100mhz and i don´t understand

this is the setup that i used to configure the motherboard
2epk54y.jpg

I currently don´t know why it is saying 100mhz at this point.
Can anyone help?

Last edited by BLockOUT on 2017-04-22, 06:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

On the last section you circled the 5v dx2-66 instead of the 3v version next to it....! (edit: corrected now)

Maybe because this cpu is a write back version the bios sees it as a dx4 and therefor the 3x multi is working?

Can you try and set it up as a dx4 and see what happens? I would try the dx4 write back jumpers or at least use the sl enhanced jumpers you are now using the ''normal'' version settings.

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 3 of 4, by BLockOUT

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ok i got no clue of what is going on with the AMD CPUs
i tried also the settings in green and they still give me 100MHZ

so i went to a shop got an AMD 486 DX4 100, and installed that another CPU, now the cpu and pc are at 100mhz.

but i dont know why on AMD it doesnt provide the proper MHZ. Does anyone here got a PCCHIPS with an AMD 486 cpu?

Reply 4 of 4, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I used to have one AMD 486DX2-66 chip that would do multi 3X when jumpers were set to WB-cache and it also worked fine at 100MHz and 120MHz. But when I used other 486DX2-66 chips they worked all at 2X multi. I'd guess you have the same thing.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs