VOGONS

First post, by maverick85

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone offer a recapping service. My TUSL2-M motherboard has been flaky and in storage. Some error to do with the keyboard port. Would like to ressurect it.

ASRock 98
Win98SE Desktop
ASRock
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz
1 x 512MB 667 MHz DDR2
Soundblaster SB0100 + Altec Lansing ADA885
ATi Radeon X800XT 256MB GDDR3
1 x SATA 120GB HDD
1 x SATA DVD-RW

Reply 1 of 12, by sketchus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I would try Amibay. The focus over there is Amiga's but it's not really different and I'm sure you can find someone to do it. A chap over there repaired my Amiga and monitor so I'd recommend it.

Reply 3 of 12, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are you looking for a professional company or someone on these forums? Are you sure it is definitely the capacitors that are needing replaced?

I am UK based and frequently repair electronics if this helps, I would be willing to help if it is of interest.

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks

Reply 5 of 12, by JoeCorrado

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
juglenaut wrote:
I offer state side component level troubleshooting and repair. Recapping and user defined mods. […]
Show full quote

I offer state side component level troubleshooting and repair. Recapping and user defined mods.

Business licensed and sale tax Id on request.

I am looking for work.

juglenaut@hotmail.com juglenaut@gmail.com

PM if interested

Location?

-- Regards, Joe

Expect out of life, that which you put into it.

Reply 7 of 12, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
maverick85 wrote:

Does anyone offer a recapping service. My TUSL2-M motherboard has been flaky and in storage. Some error to do with the keyboard port. Would like to ressurect it.

There must still be tv repair shops in the UK. Manchester, London or something like that.
I got my Amiga recapped last week at a tv-repair shop, some 1,5 hour travel away by train.
Shipping the thing by mail are one option, though I do not trust anyone else with transporting
my commodore machines. Personal delivery was the choice I made.

Was not bad. A bit expensive, yet the result was über professional and perfect, as the person
who did the repair, has been doing these sort of things for the last 25/30 years.
So I highly recommend you to find a radio/tv repair shop that have been operating for 25 years.
They usually know their stuff and how to repair.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 12 of 12, by maverick85

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

motherboard was purged 😒

ASRock 98
Win98SE Desktop
ASRock