VOGONS

First post, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone ever done it? Does the slots and keyboard port line up in the same way? I've seen XT systems and they really just look like early AT systems. Does the XT power supply worth with AT motherboards, if not will an AT power supply fit?

Reply 1 of 5, by tikoellner

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As far as I know, the slots in XT are AT compatible, contrarly to the earlier model, IBM PC (5150) where the spacing was odd. I think any AT motherboard should generally fit in an XT case.

Reply 3 of 5, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

XT cases can fit "baby" sized AT motherboards. The power supply should work fine. However, I believe some of the mounting holes between the XT and AT may have been moved. Many baby AT boards take that into consideration, but some do not.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 4 of 5, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I found a good deal on an XT clone case on ebay never used. someone posted it on the ebay forum. Price is lower then any of the new AT cases on ebay so I'm thinking of snatching it just for the sake of using one of the AT motherboards I have gathering dust.

Reply 5 of 5, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think the XT clone cases usually have more mounting holes than a real IBM XT, so it should be no problem.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium