VOGONS

First post, by bluejeans

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

https://cpubenchmark.net/low_end_cpus.html

Looking for something that scores 550-750 because I don't have anything that performs in that range, closest I have is a p4/athlon 2200 that scores about 350, and on the upper end a pentium e2160 that scores 1000 or so. It's the biggest performance interval gap in my collection of systems. Oh yeah, I'd be looking for a full system rather than just the cpu.

Reply 1 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The question is unclear. If you are looking for a full system in your area, then we have no idea where you are located or what kind of businesses or individuals might be there selling used equipment.

If you're talking about online, then are you having some particular difficulty with searching on your own?

Reply 2 of 5, by Fusion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Something with a AMD Athlon 64? I have a 3800+ that runs nice. I think the 4000+ scores 606 in that test you linked.

Pentium III @ 1.28Ghz - Intel SE440xBX-2 - 384MB PC100 - ATi Radeon DDR 64MB @ 200/186 - SB Live! 5.1 - Windows ME

Reply 3 of 5, by Scraphoarder

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

AMD Athlon 64 is suggested and for Intel socket 775 you have the infamous Pentium D. Two powerhungry Pentium 4 glued together on a chip is a must to have 😊 Some of them even run on Windows 10 x64. Not fast, but is usable.
HP dc7600 series had Pentium D as an option like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-dc7600-CMT-Intel-P … qAAAOSwVyRXT7Gq

Reply 4 of 5, by bluejeans

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Fusion wrote:

Something with a AMD Athlon 64? I have a 3800+ that runs nice. I think the 4000+ scores 606 in that test you linked.

The recycling shop I go to had a lot of athlons but at first look they seemed to be too recent, and you're not even allowed to turn them on... though every "parts only" box I've bought has worked, all the way from a 486dx33 to a pentium 4... in a pinch could I load window 7 on my pentium that scores 1000, and use power management to force it to run at 70%, or whatever value gives me a 700 passmark score?

Reply 5 of 5, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What is the purpose? You should know the cpus above 600 are mostly dual core. Single thread will be half of their score. Any game in that era will use only one core.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs