VOGONS

First post, by Smack2k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Looking for assistance on this issue.

I have a Soundblaster Extigy that I was given. The device doesnt power on (no power light comes on when the device is plugged in and power button pressed).

I checked the power supply and its feeding about 13 V to the unit (its the original Extigy PSU).
I checked the Power Input on the Extigy Board and the Male Pin that connects to the female power supply input has continuity to the solder points of the power input on the board
I visually inspected the board and its clean as can be. The Capacitors all look good, with none bulging or looking suspect.

Anyone that has one of these:

1. Is there a way to check and see if the board is getting power when its plugged in? I cant test the power input plug or the input on the board as its plugged in, so no way to get to the pins.
2. Is is possible the until doesn't power on unless the USB cable is plugged into the device and a computer? I think you can use this device without a PC, so not sure on this one.
3. Is it possible the unit has to have something plugged into it (speakers / headphones / etc) to power on?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated...

Reply 1 of 3, by kiwa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

did you check the fuse?

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.27.35 AM.png
Filename
Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.27.35 AM.png
File size
546.95 KiB
Views
File license