VOGONS

First post, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I Finally found a trinitron after searching for a VERY long time.... It is a Dell and in great nick.

I tested it for about half an hour, it had a little of a light ''crackling '' sound in the very beginning but after 5 minutes it was fine, it did start to display very very slowly (the time to come alive)
but the image was very nice. So i was VERY happy, finally found one and it wasn't a big bulky 17 or 19inch that can be had a fair bit easier over here.

I was so happy to see the thing actually worked!

I did run speedsys on the attached 486 and after resetting the computer by ctrl-alt-del the powerlight of the Dell shut off and never came on again 😢
Computer restarted fine and i heard the jingle of win95 starting but no display at all. Nothing.

I do have to say that the monitor did some very nice acrobatics in the backseat of the car......i forgot it was there and took a turn too fast 😵
I was happy to see it survived but it didn't last long. don't know if that is the problem but it is worth mentioning.

Can i do/check anything on it? I'm not great with electronics but i think i can handle very basic stuff and i have a multimeter.

EDIT: Found it! It simply was a bad connection between the power cable and the monitor, bending the connector pins at the back of the monitor fixed it. That was probably also the ''crackling'' noise in the beginning. Glad it works, love this thing!

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1