VOGONS

First post, by Gatewayuser200

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all. I am doing a silly little side build which involves cramming a 9800GTX+ into a Dell Dimension L866r case. For the build I have the choice of two motherboards. The Aopen i915GMm-HFS or the Asus P5E-VM HDMI. I'd like to go with the Aopen since it's a super unique board.

The case has a built in floppy drive that it part of the bezel. Because of the way I roll, it has to work. The problem I'm having is that the Aopen board's floppy connector is an odd size. It's much smaller than a typical floppy connector. Thankfully, it does have 34 pins and the typical index/missing pin so it should be the standard floppy pin out meaning my only problem is finding a cable/adapter for it

I tried poking around on ebay for an Aopen floppy cable but had no luck. Does any one know the technical name for this pin header so I can buy the parts to crimp a custom cable or make an adapter myself? OR Does any one actually have the special Aopen cable I'm after?

Here's some Pictures of the board, the connector, and various cables for comparison.
http://imgur.com/a/hvs06

The matching cable is from the front USB of a clamshell Dell Dimension.

"network down, IP packets delivered via UPS" - BOFH
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin