VOGONS

First post, by sd6

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

About 12-13 years ago i was given my first computer from a friend who was sending it to the tip. It was an osborne 486 with its matching screen, keyboard and mouse and printer. It also came with a box with 1000+ floppy disc's of software. Over the next few years i started to learn about computers, i tinkered with it all the time and spent many nights playing games on it with my friends. My parents had been trying to get rid of it ever since i got it and when i corrupted the windows 98 installation i had put on it they took it as the opportunity to get rid of it. I salvaged the cpu, ram, seasonic psu, soundcard and the keyboard and mouse and they have been in storage ever since.

I've been looking for one for ages now and i haven't had much luck, i am sure they are out there but given the age what ones survived being trashed are either in storage waiting to get junked on the next shed clean out or owned by collectors of old systems. I guess really this post is a call to anyone who may own one or knows someone who owns one who would be willing to part with it, i'll be like a kid on Christmas if i find one.