VOGONS

First post, by lwizardl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found a cd wallet at my local goodwill for $2.99 and it had a bunch of software (21 cd's, 4 3.5 floppy) and a few of them have markings from AST computers. It has a Windows 95 upgrade cd included with it.

These all are marked with AST on them

AST Advantage Data Disk 4.0
AST Advantage Restore Disk 4.0
Math Blaster: Secret of the lost city episode 2
Sim City
Fredi Fish and the case of the Missing Kelp Seeds
The 1996 Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia

I have given the restore discs a quick look to see if they give any details about the system.

Anyone know of any way to track down lists of what was originally bundled with systems? I have no idea what ast computer these was for originally but just trying to get an idea on that maybe.

James

Reply 3 of 5, by Gatewayuser200

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You might be able to find a model in the recovery disk.

Any chance you could make .bin and .cue files of the disks and make them available for download? Specifically the AST Advantage Data Disk. I have the 2.0 version from ~93 and its full of all kinds of goodies (Video clips, sound effects, tunes, images, etc.) I would love to see what the 4.0 version contains!

"network down, IP packets delivered via UPS" - BOFH
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

Reply 5 of 5, by coolzero8

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've scoured google for anyone who may have AST Advantage data and restore discs and your post came up.
Great find!

I used to have an Ast Advantage 613e as my first PC, and I've been lucky enough to have found one last week.
Anyway, it didn't have any of the restore CD's so I can rebuild it, and saw that you managed to acquire some.
Will look forward to downloading them from archive.org
Aaron