Reply 20 of 27, by 8bitbubsy
As pointed out already you're really overestimating the Pentium 1 MMX here. Just because a game "runs on MMX" doesn't mean it runs fine on a Pentium 1 MMX. Newer CPUs have MMX too, so that's probably what you are referring to. There are too many bottlenecks in this system to ever play GTA 3 or NFS MW, it doesn't matter if you have the beefiest PCI graphics card in this case... I think GTA 3 was meant for CPUs of the Pentium III era (or newer), and those motherboards were already much faster, not to mention AGP.
- ASUS CUSL2 w/ i815 BIOS Tweaker
- Pin-modded Tualatin 1.26GHz 512kB @ 1358MHz
- 512MB SDRAM @ 143MHz CL2
- PCI SATA w/ 128GB Samsung SSD
- ATi Radeon 9600 XT 128MB (APG 4x, AGP clk @ ~71MHz)
- Creative Sound Blaster Live!