VOGONS

First post, by FancyCat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bought a Toshiba T5200 on my trip to London (what can I do, I love old hardware). To my surprise it came with LM2000 network analyzer card, cables and set of books, as well as actual software. I was inclined to throw it all away, as it's friggin' heavy and I am flying home on one of those cheap airlines where each kilogram counts. But then I thought that perhaps, just perhaps, it could be of use to someone? I don't intend to sell it for profit, but wouldn't I by any chance be throwing away a valuable piece of history?

tlqyqS2.jpg
Srg8oBH.jpg

Please let me know what you think. To throw away or not to throw away, that is the question...

Reply 1 of 4, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Where you find the laptop?
Always good to know another location to find old hardware?

I'm based in London so can keep a hold of it if someone else wants it before you leave, but I don't have a use for it.
Gumtree or freecycle maybe good places to try if no one here want it

Reply 3 of 4, by harlequin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I also recently acquired this exact card. Quite a beauty.

Now I am looking for its software, which is called Sniffer Pro by Network General / Network Associates. Ideally, a DOS version, just like the screenshot made by OP.

Reply 4 of 4, by ndemarco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
harlequin wrote on 2018-12-07, 20:34:

I also recently acquired this exact card. Quite a beauty.

Now I am looking for its software, which is called Sniffer Pro by Network General / Network Associates. Ideally, a DOS version, just like the screenshot made by OP.

I recently landed a Dolch Pac including a Network General LM2000 and a working hard drive. It's loaded with software, including what I believe is the Sniffer program - no Pro in the name, but it's version 2.20. Reply here if you're still looking.