Topic actions

Reply 580 of 1200, by Dragon Caesar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
liqmat wrote:
Dragon Caesar wrote:

December 17?

Hahahaha... that's damn funny!!! The dragon swoops in for the kill. The winner is finally here!

Sweet! No idea if it was coincidental but I counted a single row of the 8's in your reply and saw it was 17. Double checked and saw no one guessed it yet and went for it.

Reply 581 of 1200, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dragon Caesar wrote:
liqmat wrote:
Dragon Caesar wrote:

December 17?

Hahahaha... that's damn funny!!! The dragon swoops in for the kill. The winner is finally here!

Sweet! No idea if it was coincidental but I counted a single row of the 8's in your reply and saw it was 17. Double checked and saw no one guessed it yet and went for it.

Actually, that's down right creepy. Holy crap. Not intentional.

I have your address still from months ago when you won previously. I'll get that in the mail tomorrow.

Reply 582 of 1200, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Number between 1 and 3. Guess every .000000001 seconds.

First correct guess gets the prize. Remember, I don't pay international shipping because it's expensive so have a U.S. address for me to mail to.

The prize is a copy of this game and you are probably wondering why I am linking to Moby Games? That's because I submitted this game to Moby Games and all the screenshots and cover shots are from the actual copy I'm giving away. This was new in box and sealed in shrinkwrap before I opened it to archive it over at Moby Games.

Last edited by liqmat on 2020-09-23, 14:18. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 583 of 1200, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Video football? Super hot cheerleaders in black and white?

I vote 3, of course i think he means the answer is 2 but hehe

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 590 of 1200, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If anyone would like this please PM me. Full of 1990s PC tech info. Was headed to the trash at a thrift store so I thought I would save it just in case someone might find it useful. This has a copyright date of 2000. Hard cover and mint condition. CD is missing, but full of good info. Thanks.

IMG_3137.jpg
Filename
IMG_3137.jpg
File size
93.65 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 591 of 1200, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok, well, that book ^^^ did NOT interest anyone here or at VCF so off to the donation box it goes.

So in the Pentium Pro haul there were three Evergreen 586 upgrade chip boxes and unfortunately the chips were not inside. Instead of just throwing them out are there any collectors out there with one these chips that don't have the original box that would like one? Has the original floppy disk and CPU removal tool inside. PM me if interested.

Also, if anyone would like an image of the floppy disk let me know.

evergreen586.jpg
Filename
evergreen586.jpg
File size
769.67 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 593 of 1200, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:

I think the missing cd is the factor. At least it is for me

I have the manual for the upgrade and the parts list in the manual shows there is supposed to be:

1.) CPU
2.) CPU Removal Tool
3.) Utility Floppy Disk
4.) Manual

No mention of a CD anywhere in the instructions at all.

Reply 594 of 1200, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

One taken, two left.

Only one of the boxes still has the manual unfortunately and that one is taken. The other two have the plastic shipping insert, CPU removal tool and the utility diskette. Thanks.

Last edited by liqmat on 2019-01-22, 22:37. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 595 of 1200, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
liqmat wrote:
luckybob wrote:

He might have meant the book. The book is tempting, but I'm a recovering hoarder and that seems like it'd be hoarding, despite the semi-historic "millennium edition" and all that. Hopefully whoever finds it at the thrift store is excited by it and buys it.

Reply 596 of 1200, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Do any of the manuals talk about a 5V header on the CPU itself? I found one on Amazon that has that, however, I cannot figure out if that's for the CPU fan or for applying +5V to the processor (hard to tell). https://www.amazon.com/Evergreen-586-Processo … s=evergreen+586

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 597 of 1200, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:

AlaricD wrote:
liqmat wrote:
luckybob wrote:

He might have meant the book. The book is tempting, but I'm a recovering hoarder and that seems like it'd be hoarding, despite the semi-historic "millennium edition" and all that. Hopefully whoever finds it at the thrift store is excited by it and buys it.

Oh shit, you're right. Sorry LB, I am a little slow on the uptake. Been a stressful few days. Toe broken, laptop out of service and a blizzard from hell. Spank me later.

Reply 598 of 1200, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bjwil1991 wrote:

Do any of the manuals talk about a 5V header on the CPU itself? I found one on Amazon that has that, however, I cannot figure out if that's for the CPU fan or for applying +5V to the processor (hard to tell). https://www.amazon.com/Evergreen-586-Processo … s=evergreen+586

Lemme check. Once upon a time...

Update: Here is a page from the manual.

evergreen volts.jpg
Filename
evergreen volts.jpg
File size
920.94 KiB
Views
File license

Update 2:

I scanned the back of the box and this is what this version of the upgrade looks like. Doesn't look like it has the fan pins on it. Hope that helps.

evergreen 586 box back.jpg
Filename
evergreen 586 box back.jpg
File size
1.16 MiB
Views
File license