VOGONS

Old hardware giveaway thread.

Topic actions

Reply 600 of 1217, by 32bitdx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
liqmat wrote:

Well all three 586 upgrade boxes are still available if someone wants one. Haven't heard back from anyone who PM'd me. So first come first serve.

I will send you a PM. Thanks!

Reply 603 of 1217, by 32bitdx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks @liqmat, got your PM, can't reply to that either? The board FAQ says I have to contact a board Admin, but I can't PM them either 😀 I do see this: We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.

So I will participate a bit more, hate to just post for the sake of posting!

Reply 606 of 1217, by 32bitdx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In the spirit of empty boxes, pulled this out of the basement and has some sort of damage from water, looks like mostly just from a humid basement. If someone can tell me what this is and how it was hooked up (No cheating, don't google!) they can have it if they want it. If you actually have what went in the box you get it by default. My item is long gone! Would only be good I suppose if you have this rare item.

IMG_20190123_193413.jpg
Filename
IMG_20190123_193413.jpg
File size
1.86 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

And for those that are dying to know what it is, I will eventually reveal it.

Reply 607 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok guys, one box left. Has the CPU removal tool and utility disk. PM me if interested.

evergreen586.jpg
Filename
evergreen586.jpg
File size
769.67 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 609 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
liqmat wrote:

If anyone would like this please PM me. Full of 1990s PC tech info. Was headed to the trash at a thrift store so I thought I would save it just in case someone might find it useful. This has a copyright date of 2000. Hard cover and mint condition. CD is missing, but full of good info. Thanks.

IMG_3147.JPG
Filename
IMG_3147.JPG
File size
159.31 KiB
Views
File license

This is now spoken for. Glad it found a home.

Reply 610 of 1217, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would have gladly taken it earlier, but international shipping shenanigans and stuffs..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 611 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
gdjacobs wrote:

I'd so love to be able to use one, but no 486 boards here.

They are just the empty boxes with a CPU removal tool and utility software disk. Just giving them away to people who might want the packaging if they already have the CPU.

Reply 612 of 1217, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, I can dream about the CPU that isn't in the box just like I can dream about the motherboard that isn't in my stash.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 613 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For those receiving the Evergreen 586 Upgrade boxes I went ahead and imaged the utility disk that comes in the box just in case yours has any issues from age.

Evergreen Technologies ETDIAG Disk.jpg
Filename
File size
993.34 KiB
Views
File license
Filename
Evergreen Technologies ETDIAG Disk.zip
File size
1.08 MiB
Downloads
59 downloads
File license

I still have one more of the boxes left. PM me if interested.

Reply 614 of 1217, by ph4nt0m

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
liqmat wrote:
For those receiving the Evergreen 586 Upgrade boxes I went ahead and imaged the utility disk that comes in the box just in case […]
Show full quote

For those receiving the Evergreen 586 Upgrade boxes I went ahead and imaged the utility disk that comes in the box just in case yours has any issues from age.

I think I must have this 5x86 upgrade CPU in one of my mainboards put into storage. I'll take the last box just in case.

BTW thanks for the Wolfpack. The box, manual, floppies, etc. are in a great shape.

My Active Sales on CPU-World

Reply 615 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ph4nt0m wrote:
liqmat wrote:
For those receiving the Evergreen 586 Upgrade boxes I went ahead and imaged the utility disk that comes in the box just in case […]
Show full quote

I think I must have this 5x86 upgrade CPU in one of my mainboards put into storage. I'll take the last box just in case.

BTW thanks for the Wolfpack. The box, manual, floppies, etc. are in a great shape.

You got it. All gone.

Reply 616 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Want your place to look more like this?

br_apt.gif
Filename
br_apt.gif
File size
1 MiB
Views
File license

Then you're gonna need more stuff. More giveaway hardware coming today.

Reply 619 of 1217, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The prize: DTK PRM-0074I motherboard with a Pentium II 266MHz CPU and 64MB RAM fully tested, working and mint condition.

The rules: Play the arcade game Pengo and get the highest score to win. Take a screenshot of your score and make sure it has the desktop visible so time and date can be seen to prevent cheating. Ends at 9:30PM Eastern Time Zone. U.S. addresses free shipping as usual.

Game: Arrows move your penguin. CTRL kicks ice blocks towards the direction you are moving. Try to kick the ice blocks to crush your enemy. Line up the three diamond blocks for extra points. Kick an ice block that is trapped and it crumbles. Kick the outer walls when an enemy is next to it and knock the enemy down so you can run over them for points. 5 = insert coin, 1 = start one player game

Good luck!

https://archive.org/details/arcade_pengo

DTK PRM-0074I.jpg
Filename
DTK PRM-0074I.jpg
File size
1.32 MiB
Views
File license