VOGONS

First post, by CelGen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I found in a pile of odds and ends a rather strange OEM'd LPX board from a company called BCM. What makes it special is that hanging off it via a proprietary internal LVDS connector was an LCD panel with an ELO touchscreen. The thing was able to POST once I gave it a Celeron, some PC100 ram and I shorted the POWER-ON pin on an ATX supply but the BIOS has a password (no floppy boot but it seems to be okay with booting from a CD) and seeing as it came without a CMOS battery and I still do not have one in it my bet is that password is in non volatile memory so I need to clear that before I can proceed.
BCM has a page for the board that is VERY detailed. This has the potential to be a really good DOS/9x machine. Looking it over shows the board is very feature rich and the major chipsets should all have support under DOS. - http://www.bcmcom.com/tech/SL810/SL810.htm
It also has links to pages for images of the BIOS, drivers, jumper information and the manual, all of which I will likely need. Unfortunately said links are all dead. I tried on the wayback machine and it seems even there even the scrapes going back 16 years are all dead too? That seems a little weird. 😕
Further googling seems pretty inconclusive. There is someone else also mentioning that the links were dead back in 2010 and the board is mentioned a few more times in relation to a company called GTECH. Googling them finds they sold lottery terminals, so considering the touchscreen I'm willing to bet this came from one of those but they don't look like the kind of outfit that will hand out information for parts of their products....

Any idea where else I could try?

emot-science.gif "It's science. I ain't gotta explain sh*t" emot-girl.gif