VOGONS

First post, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I Have a 8086 computer which allowed http://th99.classic-computing.de/src/c/U-Z/20615.htm controller card to work in the 8-bit isa Slot even if it is a 16-bit card.

Problem is that gotek won't pass 360kb floppy size, is this a pc limit since the card does support 1.44mb?

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 1 of 5, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The BIOS of XT computers is limited. Use a program called 2M-XBIOS to expand it's capabilities under DOS in order to read from floppies bigger than 360K ^^

You won't be able to boot from floppies formated as 1.44MB (or even 720k) but at least you'll be able to transfer files more efficiently

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 3 of 5, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

gotek dont seem to have 360kb version that i can find, so i am stuck on needing 5.25 floppys for booting or installning os 😒

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 4 of 5, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you used a real 1.44" floppy disk drive, you could write a 360K image onto a 720K floppy disk (I used to do this with my 8088 ^^)

I never used a gotek so I don't know how that works

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative