VOGONS

First post, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm thinking of sticking an OEM motherboard in a computer that doesn't match so ideally I'd love to be able to change the logo to match the case I'm putting it in. It's an old IBM motherboard btw.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 2 of 8, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Yes, i done it on several hp systems at work. I put the company logo on it. and old 3dfx video cards. I put a litle 3dfx icon on its splash screen.

Reply 3 of 8, by elod

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It used to be interesting back in my teenage years and I've done it.
Do not attempt it ír you don't have an eprom/flash programmer that can be used to recover a broken rom.

Reply 4 of 8, by .legaCy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
elod wrote:

It used to be interesting back in my teenage years and I've done it.
Do not attempt it ír you don't have an eprom/flash programmer that can be used to recover a broken rom.

Yes, this is important, i also recommend to first backup the original rom.
A cheap option is the TL866CS, its cheap, reliable, and support a ton of EEPROMS.

Reply 6 of 8, by deleted_Rc

User metadata
Joey_sw wrote:

I did mine years ago, it was Pentium4 asus motherboard. I done it with official tools that i downloaded from asus websites.

I can't find this piece of software anymore sadly enough, either I am not searching correctly or they stopped supporting it. Would love to change the flash screens of some of my computers 😲

Reply 7 of 8, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No, but it is possible on my FSC-D1215 with a tool you can upload a different boot-up Screen.
I thought about the Amiga Kickstart 1.3 Logo 😀

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 8 of 8, by Andy1979

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The Intel 'FMUP.exe' tool for updating the BIOS on Intel-made boards certainly has this option for my motherboard. File type is 'USR' which I don't recognise.

My Retro systems:
1. Pentium 200, 64mb EDO RAM, Matrox Millennium 2mb, 3DFX Voodoo 4mb, DOS6.22 / Win95 / Win98SE
2. Compaq Armada M700 laptop, PIII-450, Win98SE
3. Core2Duo E6600, ATI Radeon 4850, Win XP