VOGONS

486 asus motherboard with no slots

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 28, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If I look at the pictures of a TC-40 here: Re: AT Power Supply Cable Color Codes

I don;t think mine is the right riser. The board might be ISA only?

1982 to 2001

Reply 22 of 28, by commodore71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The bus is pci, and there were both pci and isa variants. Tulips version with both ISA and PCI was patented and Dell copied it, I found that out when trying to find a riser.
My old Impression line had both ISA and PCI with this motherboard 😀

Reply 24 of 28, by commodore71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for spamming, here is the manual for my upcoming motherboard where it clearly states it´s PCI based.
http://82.72.114.30/tulipsite/downloads/manua … oard_manual.pdf

Reply 25 of 28, by commodore71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Cyrix200+ wrote on 2020-06-19, 14:17:

If I look at the pictures of a TC-40 here: Re: AT Power Supply Cable Color Codes

I don;t think mine is the right riser. The board might be ISA only?

As I wrote I´m almost 100% sure that it´s the correct riser and would like to buy it if it´s ok with you?

Regards
Jens

Reply 26 of 28, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice ! Great to bring up an old topic that has some interest ! I have a riser similar but is generic designed for various boards that have PCI and ISA on the riser using a 32bit EISA type socket. Sorry but it probably would work for your board but actually do need it for a DTK PEM 486 Intel based board which it does work great in. Here is a picture, wish the CTK-E-500 on backside would lead to something but never has, I really would like another one just like it but have never found one.

Attachments

• Img_1199s.jpg
    Filename
    Img_1199s.jpg
    File size
    430.94 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • Img_1200s.jpg
    Filename
    Img_1200s.jpg
    File size
    387.93 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 27 of 28, by peda126

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

i happen to have one of those computers with the Tulip TC40 mainboard.

Attached a picture how the ISA/PCI raiser card looks like.

If anybody happens to have the manual for the Tulip TC mainboard with the jumper settings for the CPU, i would really appreciate if the person could share it with me.

Thanks

Attachments

Reply 28 of 28, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Tulip TC40 has only ISA, so any isa riser will work, or if you use only one card, than can put it in that only isa slot on the motherboard.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.