VOGONS

First post, by daibido1123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, I need help on a curiosity build. I am looking to build a Windows NT PowerPC retro Workstation.

The issue I am running into is finding a mainboard for this build. Namely one like the one in my old Workstation I used back in 2000. It was a dual PowerPC machine running Windows NT 4.0 and used RDRAM. the Board was a ATX form factor, and had SCSI only no IDE, and had Floppy controller. It had an AGP card slot, PCI slots, and one PCIX. I can't remember who made the board, but the workstation was a scratch build. I am looking to build a machine like this, but with specs that are as high as can go.

I know this is an odd post, but after a month of trying to research this build and only finding results that say Mac G4 or G5, I need to call in better help.

Sorry for not having more info to help, but thanks for what help I can get from you all.

Last edited by daibido1123 on 2017-10-19, 14:28. Edited 1 time in total.

Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous
Confucius

Reply 2 of 4, by daibido1123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@lazibayer You are right, I was half asleep when I posted this, and wrote what I misremembered, I was working on my DOS machine that runs MS-DOS 6.0, so got numbers all mixed. Still with that said, does anyone know the Board I am looking for? Also I'll correct the mistype.

Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous
Confucius