VOGONS

First post, by Ampera

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Since this caused confusion, let me rewrite this.

I am looking for cool wallpapers. What do you guys use for your MMX/PPro era (maybe even early Pentium 2) computers? That's all I am looking for, suggestions for wallpapers. It's a strange thing to ask, I understand, but I am just looking for something neat, and possibly 3Dfx branded that is period correct.

Last edited by Ampera on 2017-11-03, 19:25. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 9, by alvaro84

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'd take a photo of the inside of the case and used that as a wallpaper. Then I could always see the innards even when it's closed.

Shame on us, doomed from the start
May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts

Reply 3 of 9, by Munx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There dont seem to be wallpapers dedicated to the Voodoo 1 card ifself, which is a shame.
I think the next best thing would be using a wallpaper from a game that is associated with Voodoo - Quake, Mechwarrior 2, NFS2, Turok, etc.

My builds!
The FireStarter 2.0 - The wooden K5
The Underdog - The budget K6
The Voodoo powerhouse - The power-hungry K7
The troll PC - The Socket 423 Pentium 4

Reply 4 of 9, by Ampera

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Munx wrote:

There dont seem to be wallpapers dedicated to the Voodoo 1 card ifself, which is a shame.
I think the next best thing would be using a wallpaper from a game that is associated with Voodoo - Quake, Mechwarrior 2, NFS2, Turok, etc.

Actually, a Quake 1 wallpaper might be cool.

Reply 8 of 9, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Ampera wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:

Why not something like this?

I don't get it.

My computer goes on the desk. Recycle bin next to the desk and all your shortcuts go on the bookshelf.

Reply 9 of 9, by Ampera

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jade Falcon wrote:
Ampera wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:

Why not something like this?

I don't get it.

My computer goes on the desk. Recycle bin next to the desk and all your shortcuts go on the bookshelf.

Ah, now I get it.

A library near me actually had a desktop wallpaper that had names and categories for the different applications.

I think I found a Quake wallpaper that would look nice:

https://images3.alphacoders.com/857/thumb-1920-8577.jpg