VOGONS

Re: Compaq Deskpro!

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 83, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is the setup partition in place? It's maybe looking for that or the setup floppy.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 81 of 83, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BitWrangler wrote on 2023-01-09, 03:51:

Is the setup partition in place? It's maybe looking for that or the setup floppy.

The Deskpro ENs don't use the SoftBIOs system. They use a normal ROM based BIOs

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 82 of 83, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have the same system and had the same issues, I ended up adding a PCI IDE/ATAPI control card to boot from and it started working. It probably needs a recap, but never got around to looking very deep into it.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 83 of 83, by perlun

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for this thread TheAbandonwareGuy, appreciated. I bought one of these machines last week and the way the AGP slot works puzzled me; it seemed like I was missing some raiser card or something... Now I know what it was. 😀

This means I have a spare TNT2 AGP card that I won't have any use for. 😉 I don't know if selling stuff via Vogons is fine, but if it is, feel free to PM me and I can provide more details in case anyone needs it.