VOGONS

First post, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi!

I'm seeing this board now for the second time today [Genoa 486VLG X4 Ver. D] (first it was on ebay, now I have a chance to another one locally). I've never heard of this board or the brand, but it looks like a pretty solid SiS 471 board. I'm wondering if this will be able to do 3.3 - 3.45V on the CPU? Usually the settings and configuration pages have a section for voltage jumpers, but this doesn't. Judging by the picture, this board seems to have (what looks like to me) a voltage regulator just left of the CPU socket and the link below claims support for DX4 processors up to a DX4 100 (DX4 3x). I'm not sure if this assumes a socket voltage regulator with the DX4?

I'll probably just be running a DX2 66 in it (5v), but would like to mess around with the AM5x86 133 CPU I have laying around from my last dead board. If this board supports DX4 (3.3v) and the Pentium Overdrive (Writeback?), I'm assuming I'd be able to get the AM5x86 going. Wouldn't be a huge loss without writeback, but I don't want to put 5v through the CPU. What do you think?

http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/G/GE … 6VLG-X2-X4.html

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
235.59 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I don't have one yet to take closer pictures, but I think I'll be grabbing it soon.

I'm also curious if the one I have pictured was modified to take a CR2032 or if it was like that straight from the factory.

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?