VOGONS

First post, by Robhalfordfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

hi all

is there such thing as bracket for rear pc case to have a ps/2 mouse and 25-pin serial with each having the own internal header

or an internal header that already has a ps/2 mouse port and 25-pin serial port

the reason is because in one my rigs, a ps/2 mouse can be used but it not a standard din socket (more a header for a pci bracket) but no more free solts in back of case and i have a 25-serial port is on it own backet and wondering is i can combie the two on one backet

pic below in red circle is what I meaning

Attachments

• port.jpg
    Filename
    port.jpg
    File size
    96.03 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 7, by Mister Xiado

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This looks like a job for a Dremel, a bag of jackstands, hex nuts, and screws. I've got a Pentium system that has such a combination, as depicted here (with the serial port opening taped over). Not sure how to get more, since the search terms would be a nightmare on ebay. Also I'd change my avatar but quick if I were you.

Pentium tower ports.jpg
Filename
Pentium tower ports.jpg
File size
77.75 KiB
Views
File license

b_ldnt2.gif - Where it's always 1995.
Icons, wallpapers, and typical Oldternet nonsense.

Reply 2 of 7, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You could knock out one of the serial port coverings in the case itself (like the ones shown at the left of Mister Xiado's picture), wire up a 9 pin DB9 port specifically for the PS/2 header and a specific serial -> PS/2 converter, and simply label it as "PS/2"

Reply 4 of 7, by Robhalfordfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
yawetaG wrote:

You could knock out one of the serial port coverings in the case itself (like the ones shown at the left of Mister Xiado's picture), wire up a 9 pin DB9 port specifically for the PS/2 header and a specific serial -> PS/2 converter, and simply label it as "PS/2"

i would prefer to have bracket with ps2 port only and holes to use either my 25-pin serial port or parallel port, so I can use them

Last edited by Robhalfordfan on 2017-11-17, 19:26. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 7, by Robhalfordfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
betamax80 wrote:

the header on my mobo is 6 pin shaped like an upside down capital U with 4 pins in top row and 1 pin on left and right side under the 4 pins

and maybe just like bracket with the ps2 port and hole for parallel port or serial, so I can still use those ports that is already in my p133 rig

right side in pic two is the pinout on my mobo (what it looks like)

Attachments

• pinout.jpg
    Filename
    pinout.jpg
    File size
    35.35 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • pinout hor mobo.jpg
    Filename
    pinout hor mobo.jpg
    File size
    53.01 KiB
    Views
    File license
Last edited by Robhalfordfan on 2017-11-17, 21:11. Edited 7 times in total.

Reply 6 of 7, by Robhalfordfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mister Xiado wrote:

This looks like a job for a Dremel, a bag of jackstands, hex nuts, and screws. I've got a Pentium system that has such a combination, as depicted here (with the serial port opening taped over). Not sure how to get more, since the search terms would be a nightmare on ebay. Also I'd change my avatar but quick if I were you.

Pentium tower ports.jpg

where did you get it from