VOGONS

First post, by 19rsn007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone have any info on it? pinout maybe?
What was it used for ?

I know it's not FEATURE CONNECTOR 😀

Reply 7 of 13, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
19rsn007 wrote:

Just looked at it and the manual says NOT TO CONFUSE the VGA connector with the WAVETABLE connector.

Reply 8 of 13, by keenerb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think there is a language barrier here?

If there is a pin header on your video card, it's 99% certain it's a feature connector, unless it's something odd like an early 3d accelerator card maybe.

Reply 10 of 13, by Ampera

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Koltoroc wrote:

well, I do remember that there used to exist some VGA/Sound combo boards. Maybe it is a reference to those?

Possibly. Something like the Diamond EDGE 3D? Although that was a 3D card and I'm not sure it had a wavetable connector, I know it had sound and video on the same card.

Reply 11 of 13, by lazibayer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
19rsn007 wrote:

I know, I have a trust cybergun add-on which needs to be installed on the FEATURE CONNECTOR of your graphics card but looking for WAVETABLE CONNECTOR CGA PINOUT got me nowhere

19rsn007 wrote:

I couldn't find either CGA or PINOUT in the manual.
The manual does say not to confuse feature connector with wavetable connector.

Reply 13 of 13, by CkRtech

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
19rsn007 wrote:

that was my point.....
No info on a wavetabel connector on a VGA card

And the manual's point was basically to say "not this one!" if you went hunting for a place to plug it in inside your computer.

People that bought this product would have to open up the computer to plug it in. If they simply went hunting for a matching connector, that might mistakenly plug it into the wavetable header because the pins seem to work with the cable of the product.

The manual is just telling you not to plug it into that spot on accident.

Displaced Gamers (YouTube) - DOS Gaming Aspect Ratio - 320x200 || The History of 240p || Dithering on the Sega Genesis with Composite Video