VOGONS

First post, by WitteVeder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I fail to get a mouse working on my Toshiba 2150cdt. I plug in a ps2 or serial to ps2 (with adapter) mouse in the back but no software is recognizing the mouse. I load a generic mouse driver that is working nicely on my other Toshiba 310CDT. The cursorpoint (the thingy in the keyboard) is always working. In the bios, I have tried both settings to work with the cursorpoint and or the mouse. No change.

Reply 1 of 3, by Jepael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WitteVeder wrote:

I fail to get a mouse working on my Toshiba 2150cdt. I plug in a ps2 or serial to ps2 (with adapter) mouse in the back but no software is recognizing the mouse. I load a generic mouse driver that is working nicely on my other Toshiba 310CDT. The cursorpoint (the thingy in the keyboard) is always working. In the bios, I have tried both settings to work with the cursorpoint and or the mouse. No change.

Is it a shared keyboard/mouse port? Are you sure you can plug in a mouse directly, without a splitter that splits the shared port to separate keyboard and mouse ports?

Reply 2 of 3, by WitteVeder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jepael wrote:

Is it a shared keyboard/mouse port? Are you sure you can plug in a mouse directly, without a splitter that splits the shared port to separate keyboard and mouse ports?

Now that I look at the symbols, my 310cdt has a keyboard/mouse symbol at the ps2 port, the 2150cdt (with the mouse not working) only has a keyboard symbol.

Reply 3 of 3, by WitteVeder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just adding the post:

I got it working. The 2150cdt is expecting a serial mouse not a ps2 mouse. So i used a serial to ps2 connector and plugged it in com1. You (apparently) cannot connect it to a ps2 keyboard-marked slot. Furthermore I used cutemouse (ctmouse2.exe) as a driver. In the Bios I selected simultaneous for pointing stick and (serial) mouse (I assume). At first it did not work with a no-name ps2 mouse, (recognizing as mouse systems by cutemouse) when I used a branded microsoft mouse (recognized as microsoft by cutemouse) it worked in windows 3.11 and other dos programs (like norton utils). However it does not work simultaneous with the pointing stick, which is OK I guess (although would have liked it). Settings are com1 and IRQ4 in bios btw.