VOGONS

First post, by lorecast162

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, i have a Compaq 3123 Fast ethernet NIC and would like to use it with windows 3.11 FWG. I cannot find any drivers for it though and in the install the list doesn't contain such card for network connection. does anyone have this driver? I don't know where to write it so feel free to tell me the appropriate section of the forum i should write this in.

Reply 1 of 4, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi, found some NDIS2 drivers at ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp13501-14000/sp13947.txt
Direct link is ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp13501-14000/sp13947.exe

Also have a look at ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp10501-11000/sp10873.txt
Softpaq SP10873 (sp10873.exe) was the last one to mention WfW 3.11.
It is not on the server, but maybe you will find it somewhere else.

Sorry, that is all so far. My PC`s SSD is causing trouble and so I am running it off a live media.
Because of that, I am limited to an older Firefox, which can not visit any https pages..

Good luck! 😀

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 2 of 4, by lorecast162

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

do NDIS2 drivers work with WfW 3.11? I never used ethernet or an internet connection with DOS before, so i am kind of a noob in this regard. I also found the sp10873 exe from HP's enterprise site, and the first driver that you linked doesn't state the NC3123 NIC or the WfW3.11 compatibility so i think i will try the latter, will keep this updated

Reply 3 of 4, by lorecast162

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok. sp10873 works. Windows detected the card. There's an issue, no TCP-IP. Is there a driver? Is that a generic thing? Can I use something like SMB to transfer things in and out of the machine?

Reply 4 of 4, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi, yes, TCP/IP support was optional. Back then, IPX/SPX and SMB via NetBIOS were more popular.
TCP/IP-32 (tcp32b.exe) can be found here: http://win31.de/esoft.htm

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//