VOGONS

First post, by MKT_Gundam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just get a a 775 mobo ( Ga 8i865gme) with a celeron (2.😎.
I have some doubts:
1- I have a sb live 4760 ( the gold plated one). This soundcard will work the sb 16 mode in DOS games on win 98SE?
2-Can i load custom soundfont for MIDI for later DOS games?
3- Who the best way to make a dual 98SE/XP?
4-For Agp card i have 2 options: Geforce FX5200 and Geforce 6600LE. Who the best compatible for DOS and 98 3d games?

Retro rig 1: Asus CUV4X, VIA c3 800, Voodoo Banshee (Diamond fusion) and SB32 ct3670.
Retro rig 2: Intel DX2 66, SB16 Ct1740 and Cirrus Logic VLB.

Reply 1 of 4, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm not sure you can run 98SE on that motherboard. Does it have drivers for 98SE?

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 2 of 4, by MKT_Gundam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
clueless1 wrote:

I'm not sure you can run 98SE on that motherboard. Does it have drivers for 98SE?

In the Gygabyte site, feature the onboard audio drive compatible with win 98 and Intel INF installation (chipiset).
Also in the BIOs section feature a bios to fix some Keyboard and mouse problems on WinME.
Also the board chipset is Intel 865G GMCH.

Retro rig 1: Asus CUV4X, VIA c3 800, Voodoo Banshee (Diamond fusion) and SB32 ct3670.

Reply 3 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MKT_Gundam wrote:
In the Gygabyte site, feature the onboard audio drive compatible with win 98 and Intel INF installation (chipiset). Also in the […]
Show full quote
clueless1 wrote:

In the Gygabyte site, feature the onboard audio drive compatible with win 98 and Intel INF installation (chipiset).
Also in the BIOs section feature a bios to fix some Keyboard and mouse problems on WinME.
Also the board chipset is Intel 865G GMCH.

That 98SE 865 driver is pretty impossible to find. Great to see that Gigabyte actually has it for download. Getting it directly from Intel is a huge pain. They may not even have it available anymore.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 4, by MKT_Gundam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Cyclone 3d, the Chipset driver is only avaliable for win98.