VOGONS

Reply 40 of 41, by Kadath

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brostenen wrote:
Well.... It is not that hard, to get an overview of the various models. I mean.... The various original models. Commodore did no […]
Show full quote

Well.... It is not that hard, to get an overview of the various models. I mean.... The various original models.
Commodore did not really produce that many as a whole. A couple of consoles (well... one of them a multimedia machine)
Then they produced around 4 of those computer in a keyboard models (500, 500+, 600 and 1200) and they produced
around 6 big box models (1000, 2000, 3000, 3000-Tower, 4000 and 4000-tower).
Actually a pretty nice achievement, when taking in account, that they bought Amiga in 1985 and the last Amiga's were
invented and ready for sale in 1992. That is like some 12 machines included 2 chipset upgrades in less than 7 years.

There were like 3 different main architectures, originally released from Commodore. OCS, ECS and AGA.
Everything else is prototypes on various stages of functionality.

Read everything under commodore machines, on "Big-Book-Of-Amiga-Hardware", and you will have a solid ground for learning more.

Big source, that great "Big-Book-of-Amiga-Hardware", thanks friend. I know, that It is not that hard to get an overview of the various Amiga models, but the real complexity regard all the technical different data of each model, inherent different many BUS, sockets, expansions - and, WOW, Amiga machines are expandable in thousands of ways, this is one the things that make those platforms special - so ahead of their time, I think.

First comes smiles,
then lies.
Last is gunfire.

Reply 41 of 41, by Kadath

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
derSammler wrote:
These are my three expanded A600. The fourth one has been kept original. […]
Show full quote

These are my three expanded A600. The fourth one has been kept original.

web_P3101373.jpg

ShapeShifter runs just fine with the Furia:

IMG_20170308_213640273.jpg
P1300971.JPG
P9191199.JPG

This is fantastic, thanks for sharing, derSammler - it's such a pleasure, to admire your splendid collection. I didn't know about that Apple emulation in Amiga environment.

First comes smiles,
then lies.
Last is gunfire.