VOGONS

AC97 codecs and DOS mixers

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 24, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Have you tried running JUDAS on that laptop and fiddling with the mixer settings in that software? Perhaps it supports unmuting the line-in and keeping it open once you exit the application. To be honest, I haven't tried JUDAS myself. I just safeguarded the source code on GitHub with the intent to study how it drives AC'97 and Intel HD Audio hardware from within DOS.

I guess writing a simple unmute tool would be a simple first project to become familiar with programming this kind of modern audio hardware in DOS. It would undoubtedly be much easier than writing or extending a full-fledged Sound Blaster emulator. 😀

Reply 22 of 24, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Very handy seems to be a dss with a covox or you can go for an opl2lpt, all such things are VERY usefull in plain Dos with a modern system like a notebook.
No I have not tried judas yet.

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 24 of 24, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jmdlcar wrote:

I don't what you these for temu303 and vsb103?

vsb103 is version 1.03 of Virtual Sound Blaster, a Sound Blaster emulator that can output to the internal speaker or a Covox Speech Thing on a parallel port. temu303 is version 3.03 of the Tandy Emulator, which can emulate Tandy, PCjr, PS/1 and even the Disney Sound Source on either the internal speaker or a Covox Speech Thing on a parallel port. See the documentation for more info:

Note: I did not write this code myself The original developer is Andrew Zabolotny (Андрей Заболотный). I published the source code on GitHub with his permission.