VOGONS

First post, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I recently obtained an old PC that has an ASUS VL/I-486SV2GX4 motherboard (revision 2.1).
To my surprise, this one had BIOS version 0306, which I've not seen listed as one of the versions that are available for download (although, I'm aware that motherboard manufacturers don't always make all BIOS versions available for download).

In case someone finds this useful, I've attached a dump of the relevant BIOS version (extracted with NSSI 0.60).

EDIT: Based on @ChrisR3tro's post below, I've now dump the BIOS using my TL866 MiniPro programmer (original file deleted to avoid confusion).

Attachments

• Filename
    sv2g0306.zip
    File size
    43.38 KiB
    Downloads
    30 downloads
    File comment
    Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 Bios version 0306
    File license
    Public domain
Last edited by jesolo on 2022-11-20, 18:30. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 1 of 2, by ChrisR3tro

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey and thanks for providing the BIOS image!

Just wanted to add that the image you provided has a checksum error, which you can verify using CBROM (Award BIOS editing tool).

NSSI is not necessarily the best method to dump BIOSes. Is it possible that you use something like awdflash and dump again?

for more Retro-related tidbits follow me on X under @ChrisR3tro.

Reply 2 of 2, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Further to my above post, there still appears to be a checksum error with the BIOS I've dumped with my TL866 MiniPro when trying to open in Modbin - perhaps someone else has that BIOS version? I think they came out standard on revision 2.1 motherboards.
Can't think that I've done anything wrong when reading the BIOS file in my TL866 MiniPro - I even went as far as to select the correct BIOS EPROM chip and made sure I didn't receive any errors before I read the BIOS contents.