VOGONS

First post, by darkstar79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I have this board. When I first tested it, it was ok.POST completed,Ms-Dos 6.22 loaded from HD.I tested it with Checkit 3.0.
(Memory test,System Board test,Video Card test passed.)
Then I powered off.

But it does not work anymore. I tried with another PSU,another memory sticks,another VGA,another controller card,another CPU.
I tried to power on without memory , but no beeps.

Any ideas ? (maybe POST debugger card ?)

Kép0099.jpg
Filename
Kép0099.jpg
File size
208.99 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 4, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's not a Socket 3 but a Socket 1 LIF socket. Also the pic is so fuzzy it's almost impossible to make out either identification marks or possible damage...

Do you have a POST debugger card? That would possibly tell you more. That aside, maybe the BIOS (E)EPROM is corrupt. Do you have the setup to flash a different BIOS chip?

Reply 2 of 4, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Since this board is full of tantalum caps, check them for shorts. It's quite common that these die when they are powered again after a very long time. If they die, they can either be open or short. If they go short, the PSU will no longer provide power and nothing will happen, which is exactly what you experience.

For further testing, add all the components you had installed when it worked, as replacing them may add new errors (a replacement part could be bad).