Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
fitzpatr wrote:
AlaricD wrote:

Too bad it doesn't also have J. Oates' signature on it. 😁

I Can't Go For That.

🤣

"The Big Bang. The ultimate hero of low frequency. The divine intergalactical bass drum connecting the tribes of our solar system."
Yello
"Solar Driftwood"

Reply 21 of 24, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Isopropyl alcohol, magic eraser usually work for me. Might try adding a bit of Comet, handsoap, and water mixture and scrub it with an old toothbrush. Worst comes to worst, spraypaint over it.

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 23 of 24, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

In my experience, dry erase markers always work to remove permanent ink... its easy, cheap and works instantaneously. Once the dry erase marker is on the ink, just wipe it away with a paper towel. A bit of alcohol or some other cleaner afterward will usually clean up the residue. I used this method to remove markings from old CF card labels that were marked by the previous owner, and it completely removed black sharpie from a glossy paper label. I've used it to remove writing that had been on PC towers or peripherals for 20+ years... it has always worked. I just always used whatever marker I had laying around but I think if I were to get a marker specifically for this I'd find one that was yellow or something, since it'd be less likely to leave a noticeable color on a beige or white surface.

Last edited by Ozzuneoj on 2018-03-31, 04:42. Edited 1 time in total.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 24 of 24, by Jed118

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1200 grit wet sandpaper. Works wonders on enamel paint.

Source: 46 cars, 5 of which I've refurbished.

Youtube channel- The Kombinator
What's for sale? my eBay!